Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Cagayan de Oro - gateway to mindanao adventures 2012


I was here twice last 2012. First was when we participated in an International Rugged Race in Mt Kitanglad [Bukidnon] and second when we attended a wedding in Iligan.

I will discuss events on my second visit since it was then when I really felt I was in CDO. (I stayed barely a few hours in CDO on my first visit. Arrived in Lumbia International Airport then ate at Mang Inasal Agora Terminal then went to Malaybalay for the Rugged Race. Passed by CDO going to Surigao del Sur.)

White Water Rafting
So after our Iligan adventure, we arrived in CDO early in the morning. We had breakfast in Jollibee and waited for our guides for our “white” water rafting activity.

The group
We traveled an hour or an hour and a half to the jump off. (I really can’t remember all the details because I was talking to Jenny the whole time.)

And by the way, we had Kagay group as our guide. Very courteous and very accommodating men of Kagay group. Their Facebook page is here.

We initially agreed to have the beginner’s but then with a difference of 300Php and the addition of 7 rapids we braved ourselves and took the Advance class. Can you even call that a "class"? 

We paid 1000Php each to experience 21 rapids. Whew!

Okay let’s start!

Some things to remember before we begin: Forward! Stop! Paddle back! Paddles up! High Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!

After memorizing what were those for, we began our 4 hour rafting adventure. And because I wore this, of course what do I expect? Nognog Lines!

Remind me not to wear this outfit while on an adventure. (Picture grabbed from K.)
First rapid, second rapid up to the 10th rapid spells EGG-Sayt-MENT. But after a couple more, I wanted it to end fast (I really mean faster) because my legs were itchy and I felt the harmful rays of the sun on my face. Good thing my companions were jolly.

ready? 

get set!

GO!

A's drop

A's dip

All done.

After four hours, we were tired, exhausted and HUNGRY. (Ok, I was hungry big time!) We went to CDO proper, got ourselves a nice hotel room and went out to eat.

Durian

Yum yum durian
You can’t say you went to Mindanao if you haven’t tasted the famous Durian fruit.

One of my favorite fruits already. :D So so delish! The best fruit I met in Mindanao since we went to Katrina’s house in Surigao del Sur.

I’m not very fond of the durian candies (except for Apo ni Lola Abon’s) but I really like the fresh fruit. Creamy and fragrant.^_^

Special thanks to K and A for allowing me to use their pictures here.


For Hotel Needs:
Hotel Ramon
Address : Burgos corner T. Neri Streets
Telephone No.  (8822) 72-4738 
                           (88) 857-4804 
Payment : Cash Basis

No comments:

Post a Comment