Sunday, January 27, 2013

La Union – Sun Burn




Years after my travel blog was launched, I realized I haven’t blogged about my own province yet. Really disappointing on my part since my province has a lot to offer and I have yet so many things to discover.

In my X years of existence, it was in December 2008 when we first visited San Juan La Union. (Yep, Paul and I just visited.) We didn’t know how to surf yet so we just admired the place and observed.

San Juan La Union is an hour ride away from our house. It was not a big deal to me since going to the beach is a normal thing to us. Until I became a travel enthusiast (pinaganda ko lang ung “lakwatsera”) and noticed that many people are talking about it.

So much for the appetizer, here’s the main course.


San Juan, La Union has been an apple of the eyes of surfers and surfer-wannabes. Foreigners and local artists like Echo and (Heart) frequent here (when they were still an item).

Tourists go here to unwind and (learn how to) surf.  The waters of San Juan are quite rough for swimmers. Everyone is requested to observe caution while swimming in the area.



For white sand lovers, this may not be the place for you because the sand is gray, typical of La Union’s beaches. But this is definitely one of the best beaches in our province.





How to get there:
From Manila, take the Partas bus from Cubao/Pasay going to Ilocos/Abra then ask the conductor to drop you off Sea Bay San Juan. Buses with sign board La Union only will not pass by San Juan. You will have to ride a jeepney from San Fernando, La Union to San Juan, La Union.

No comments:

Post a Comment