Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Banaue/Sagada Adventure – Lumiang-Sumaguing Cave Connection

It’s my first time to do cave spelunking. I heard lots of ideas and comments about the cave connection in Sagada but none of them was positive. One of my friends told me the experience was traumatic. Another friend told me he almost slipped inside the cave.

We woke up early and prepared for our cave connection. It was a 15 minute walk from our lodge.

Paul did not bring his camera inside the cave. I brought mine because I want to have pictures inside the cave - for this blog of course.

Lumiang Entrance

The entrance of Lumiang cave houses coffins some of which more than 200 years old. The adventure starts once you enter the cave. It’s dark inside and you only rely on the light provided by the guides.

Words are not enough to describe our experience inside.

The fun part of our spelunking was in Sumaguing cave. Different formations were shown to us. We needed to dip into the water to cross some parts of it. The water was cold but our excitement kept us warm.

crystals

See the stalagmite? Enormous!

Our cave spelunking lasted for 6 hours. It was tiring yet overwhelming experience. Given the chance to do Lumiang-Sumaguing cave connection again I will do it without hesitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment