Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Lake Sebu

At first I thought “Lake Sebu” is just the name of the lake located in South Cotabato dubbed to be the summer capital of Southern Mindanao. Little did I know that it is also a name of the municipality where the lake is located.



We went to Lake Sebu primarily to experience the tallest zip line in South East Asia. Of course I was excited but at the same time I was scared because of the freaking height.

The fee was 250Php each person for 2 rides – one long ride and one short ride. The long ride lasted for about 45 seconds while the short one around 15-20 seconds. Mind you, the first ride was the longest 45 seconds of my life. :P

The locals say that there are seven waterfalls in Lake Sebu. Well I did not see all of them but I am pretty sure they are all ”grandyoso”. Just take a look at the photos below. [No zipline photos but yes we did it.:) Photos courtesy of K.]





How to get to Lake Sebu?


From General Santos City ride a bus (Yellow Bus Line) going to Marbel, Koronadal. From Marbel you can ride a jeepney or a van to Lake Sebu. You will be greeted by the locals so relax and enjoy. Don’t worry, locals are courteous and kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment