Sunday, January 26, 2014

Lake Sebu – A calm retreat

The trip from GenSan to Lake Sebu lasted for approximately 2-3 hours including a van ride to the bucolic municipality. The town was reminiscent to my hometown with lots of rice fields and mountains in view. I felt the urge to think quietly while savoring the crisp sight of greeneries. I’m really an outdoor person and I love nature so it’s easy for me to find peace while traveling.

I was curious about Lake Sebu when I first saw pictures of my friend J posted on Facebook. She was raving about the place when she got back from a trip. I immediately put it on my “places to visit list” and was determined to go there when opportunity calls.

My quietness was broken when the lady beside me spoke to me, “First time niyo?” I humbly said “Opo.” Then she began lecturing us about the place. You see, people from the town can be your tour guide. They will tell you all you want to know. J

Then the grandeur of the lake peeked from afar. I was awed and mesmerized. This town is really blessed with such majestic creation of God.



I just hope we could stay longer but out tight itinerary dictated us to move on.


Don’t worry Mindanao, I’ll be back. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment