Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Enchanted River - A Beauty Worth Discovering


Enchanting as it is, the Enchanted River is located at the mountainous area in Talisay, Hinatuan province of Surigao del Sur in Mindanao.

The water is comparable to the Blue Lagoon of Coron, Palawan (if not better.)



It is said that the depth of the water is at 80 meters, enough to attract some divers to explore the area. 

The brackish water of the river is due to the salty water coming from Hinatuan Bay met by the water from the mountain.



Big fishes can be seen swimming in the river. And amazingly they are not afraid of people. (I think they are the fairies of the river. Hehehehehehe.)



Caretakers feed the fish everyday and people are not allowed to swim during this time. 

We had fun swimming and snorkeling in the area. I didn't know I can swim without a life vest until I tried. I guess it was part of the river's mystery. (Don't take this seriously.) 

PS: I used a point and shoot camera, SoRrY for the blurry pictures. Next time I'll bring Paul with me to take pictures of Surigao del Sur. But for now kindly bear with me. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment