Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Perks and Irks of traveling SOLO

Read it right!

I traveled solo last September 13-14, 2013. That was a first time! J

Jenny I did it. Kaso I’d be more thrilled if I did it in an unfamiliar place.

It was not as scary because I think my destination is very familiar to me. I lived here for 5 years so it’s very easy and husband allowed it since I have a valid reason to travel alone.

Backpack Backpack!

I rode a Victory Liner bus at around 1am in their not-so-lovely Cubao terminal beside a delusional “artist” who I discovered was a pervert. Okay erase. What is a more subtle term for that? Hmmm. I don’t have a word. Clue: He was the patriarch of a famous show way back in the 90’s. The show had a remake aired today with those three lovely ladies with initials AKN. If you got it, then good. If you don’t never mind. J [irk]

By the way, my facebook post below was for him.
We arrived at Baguio city at 6:30AM. Since I am very familiar with the place, I went out of the terminal and proceeded to my favorite place to eat Filipino breakfast. I ordered my usual Hotdog Meal with hot choco and ate silently. I observed that parents together with their children went to the counter with their lunch boxes and ordered the breakfast steak. The crew happily placed the order inside the lunchboxes. I was able to count 6 parents and children do the same. I don’t know if it was a promo or something. I just thought it was cool.

After getting what I needed from Baguio, I was ready to explore [again].

[perk] I walked from T. Alonzo to Wright park passing by Baguio Center Mall, Baguio Public Market, Session Road, SM Baguio, White house, Botanical garden, Saint Joseph church and Ketchup community. Wondering how far? Hmm. I walk for about 2 hours. That's all I can give.

The whole experience was relaxing because walking along the roads of Baguio city was bliss. It was cold, comforting, warm to the heart and uber relaxing. I have a very good attachment to nature ever since I started climbing mountains. If you’re not on that side DON’T TRY THIS. J

I chanced upon a good place to eat in front of Wright Park. It is called Ketchup Community. I think I read about this in one of the blogs and it is gaining popularity in the blog world. I must try this on my next visit.

Meantime I hailed a cab and told the driver to drive me to South Drive. My goal for the day is to visit the Secret Garden.



Full review is posted HERE

I keep on discovering new things/places in my favorite place. Thanks to the creative businessmen, it keeps on going and going and going.




After my lunch I went straight to the city market to buy some fruits for my family who are waiting for me at home. [perk]

Conclusion:
Paul will always be my favorite travel buddy. But because of some unavoidable circumstances, there are times [and will be times] when we need to take separate routes.

Being alone means I can control my time. [perk] I can be anywhere I want to be [perk] and I can eat anywhere I fancy. [perk] I can buy things I want without the usual side comment “Mahal yan.” [perk] I can walk kilometers without hearing any complaints. [perk] I can be at the same place twice and eat the same thing over and over again. [perk]

On the other hand, I don’t have somebody to ask where would be the nicer place to eat. [irk] No comments whether my new slippers are pretty or not. [irk] No one there cheer me up when I’m feeling down. [irk] No one to laugh with. [irk] No one to carry my bags. [irk] And no one to talk to over a cup of coffee. [irk]

I guess I just need to find the balance. I want to explore more things and do more things alone and with company.

Tara byahe tayo!:)


No comments:

Post a Comment