Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Secret Garden – A quick chill




After getting copies of our marriage certificate, I walked from T.Alonzo to Wright Park passing by Baguio Center Mall, Session Road, Hill Station, 50’s Diner, the White House, PNKY, Botanical Garden and Ketchup Community. You would think I am crazy but let me tell you, walking along the roads of Baguio city is a must. J

I thought I’ll be passing by South Drive Rd but I think I really need to consult “the map” on my next visit because I did not see South Drive Rd during my long walk. Hesitantly, I hailed a cab and told the driver to drop me off “Secret Garden” along South Drive.

The restaurant is situated beside South Drive Manor. I thought the restaurant inside South Drive Manor was the Secret Garden. The waiter must have known that I was not expecting a high-end dining place so he asked me whether their restaurant was my choice or the Secret Garden. I told him “Is this not the Secret Garden?” He replied “No Ma’am. That restaurant upstairs is the Secret Garden” So that’s it. I thanked the waiter and grabbed my backpack. I walked out of the fine dining restaurant and went to this tiny way up a cozy place.

I really would like to impress myself with the ambiance. That’s not on the negative side please. But I guess the gloomy weather made its way inside me. In fairness to the servers, they greeted me with all smiles when I entered.

It was a bit early when I visited so I am not surprised that I was the only customer. I chose to sit by the window to savor the wonderful view of pine trees less the BENECO cables.


I ordered chicken sandwich together with ripe mango shake since I was not ready for a pasta meal. I ate heavy breakfast that’s why.

While waiting for my food, I grabbed my camera and took pictures around. It was a tiny restaurant but my lens has a lot of things to play with especially because it was made cozy and homey at the same time.

cozy setup


Counter Details

After a few minutes, my mango shake was served. I took a sip. Hmmm. Good!

A few minutes passed and my Chicken Sandwich was served. I looked at it and said to myself, “Doesn’t look like a chicken sandwich after all.”


not so impressive Chicken Sandwich

I want to rant because I am going to pay a few hundred bucks for my chicken sandwich that’s not even good looking. The fries were also bland. Haist! Gloomy weather has something to do with this. L

In all fairness, I tried to chew my meal. That was the first time I ate a sandwich without the bread and I used knife and pork to dissect it. I did not order a salad. I ordered a sandwich. Why don’t they let me eat my sandwich as sandwich? The bread used was a French bread and it was hard. [As in matigas like a bato.] I really appreciate loaf breads when it comes to sandwiches because they are soft and they taste so good with the fillings. I only have French bread as a side to my pasta.

With this not so good review, will I go back? Definitely “Yes”. To give the restaurant a chance to get better ratings from me if in case on my second visit I’ll be satisfied with their food.

Ratings:

Food – 1/5 [This is for the Chicken Sandwich]
Drinks – 3/5 [For the Mango Shake. They lack presentation with their shakes. A little fruit toppings will be nice.]
Ambiance – 4/5 [In fairness they are really homey and cozy. It should have been 4.5/5 if they don’t keep a cobweb on their Entrance.]
Comfort Room – N/A [I was not able to try their comfort room. I will try on my next visit.]
Staff – 4/5 – Good Staff.


No comments:

Post a Comment