Monday, August 19, 2013

Bliss Café body mind soul


It was few weeks before our [not-so-grand] wedding when Paul and I went up to Baguio to finalize some details. The preparation was in full swing and we had to finish everything before lunch time so that we can get our lunch and go home to Manila as early as possible.

In the midst of a chaotic environment, I asked Paul if we can try a new restaurant in the city. It was as if he felt my longing to go to a quiet place and agreed even if we only had a few hundred bucks to spare. Mahal magpakasal noh. Hindi basta-basta ang paggastos sa mga panahong naghahanda. :P

So we rode a taxi from Upper Session Road and went straight to Hotel Elizabeth which houses the Balinese inspired café. The view inside was a feast in my eyes because of the bright orange wall contrasted by wooden furniture together with some silver and brass ornaments. It was bright! It was refreshing! It was uhm…. something new.

I researched about the café before we headed to the city so I know that it serves vegetable based food. We ordered plant-based adobo and the plant-based sisig. Since we were seated in front of the kitchen, we knew that our orders are prepared just after we placed them. Talking about freshness here! :D

We were immersed in wedding details discussion so we were not so keen on looking around. But if opportunity will knock twice then I’ll probably take lots of pictures of the place.

After a few minutes, our orders were served warm. I can smell the adobo overpowering the sisig. Hmm… delish delish delish!

No Quack Duck


Veggie Sisig

The adobo was a bit salty for our tastes but it was good still. They tried to mimic the taste of a duck and I must say “Bravo” to that. On the other hand the sisig was a little bland. Sorry but I did not find anything special on it. Hey people, honest opinion here.

After our lunch, we had a quick talk with the servers. There are really lots of warm people in a cold place like this. After few more Q&A’s we paid our bill and went out. Another place to cross out in my list!


Inside Bliss Cafe


Till next time. ^_^

Bliss Cafe facebook page is here.


No comments:

Post a Comment