Thursday, August 8, 2013

What will make you stay and what will make you leave?

Epic question of the night! Whew!
When someone asked you that question, what will be your answer?

Anyhow, let’s get to my story.

I was out last Saturday-Sunday July 20-21, 2013 together with my friends to climb a mountain in Batangas renowned for its grassland peaks and not so friendly terrain. Or should we say, we are getting old for this kind of past time? Na-ah! Kalabaw lang ang tumatanda!

We met at KFC-Cubao at around 9:30AM. Armed with nothing but the will to have a great outing, we boarded an ALPS bus headed to Lipa, Batangas. We alighted at Tambo Exit and went straight to an eatery to fill our tummies with yummy goodies. After which, we hired a jeepney for 1800Php to take us to the jump off point. It was a total of 5 hours commute to the jump off. We were tired even before we started the climb.

It was already quarter to 5Pm when we started to ascend. It was steep and I was breathing like a horse 15 minutes after. I think this is the effect of working 12-14 hours a day without exercise and eating crap. Hello company! Thanks for the time off. :D

It was already getting dark when we reached the humble abode of our guide – Mag Zac. Majority decided to just spend the night at Mang Zac’s because some of us are not well prepared for the rain. It was good that we bought roasted chicken in San Juan because we were able to save time in preparing dinner specially that we only had 1 cook set and 1 burner. Dinner was fabulosa nonetheless. BUSOG!

We slept at past 12 midnight and woke up not so early the next morning. Thanks to 3 Emperador Lights and a small bottle of Lambanog we slept like a baby. :P PS: I only drink with Team Injury and Team Injury alone. And if my husband is around.

We scaled the last half of Mt. Daguldol in about an hour passing by lots of fruit-bearing trees like Avocado, Atis and Guava. I was so happy I took some. ^_^

It was like a playground in the sky at the top of Mt. Daguldol. The grass is so lush and the wind is so cold. The view is peaceful and the water is calm. I’m so happy I indulged myself in this kind of leisure. I really need the calmness of nature.

After savoring the freshness of everything, we decided to descend and pack our things. It was again an epic getaway to remember. Lucky for me I have some fruits to bring home. As of writing I have not eaten any of them yet. Maybe tonight.

Side Trip

On our way to the carinderia, we walked along the beach (lakad sa aplaya as they say) and passed by La Luz beach resort. I sat for a moment and took this picture which reminds me of Bohol Beach Club. Description: Cool^_^



Till my next adventure folks. J Need to boost my savings first. Oh Lah!





No comments:

Post a Comment