Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Long and Winding Road – Kawa-Kawa Hill Sunflower Farm and Mayon Volcano

For me the hardest part of traveling is pulling myself out of my bed, preparing for the trip and calculating how much I would be spending (again). But when I see the excitement of my friends I would always tell myself, “It’s okay Millette. You’ll never have time for this when you get older.”

After a butt-numbing (sleep-depriving) ride to Legaspi, we finally arrived at Kawa-kawa Hill hoping to glance at a wonderful view of the sunflower farm. It was 2PM and was so (as in) hot. Everybody was aching and most of us were not so willing to get out of the vehicle. Let’s add the fact that the sunflowers were not so appealing anymore. But then again IT ko to kaya kailangan kong panindigan. Braving the scorching heat of the sun, we went out and ‘explored’ the farm. How I wished we visited earlier when the sunflowers were in full bloom!

Anyhow, my friend Ynah took these stunning photos of the sunflower farm.

Kawa-kawa Hill Sunflower Plantation (Photo from Ynah)
Do these photos look boring to you?

Sunflowers (Photo from Ynah)
Photo from Ynah
So much for Jay saying "What a boring IT. What a boring sight." Excuse me Jay! :P

After a few minutes of (ang sakit lang sa balat) moments, we proceeded to our next stop. It was the famous Cagsawa Ruins best known for the picturesque Mayon Volcano.

I was tired and exhausted and would really want to rest so I let my friends do the selfies and picture takings while I eat some chili ice cream. To be honest, the ice cream was just so so. It just had this chili flavor. Two (small) scoops made me 25Php poorer. Would I recommend it to friends? Yes, just to be familiar with the taste. But after that, indulge thy self into a more refreshing fruit shake. (Chili flavor of course!)

It was 3PM and the majestic volcano was still shy to show itself. It was mostly covered with clouds. We waited a little longer to witness its crowning glory. 

Mayon Volcano covered with clouds
Not long after we saw the totality of the mountain. It was indeed a perfect cone! (So what's the legend behind this mountain again? ^_^)

Mayon Volcano

PS: This is 1/5 of a series post [The Long and Winding Road]
Credits to Ynah for the pictures! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment