Saturday, February 9, 2013

I love traveling but Don’t have enough cash. What to do?


Well I had a blast last 2012 and I must admit 2013 will be more budget-friendly. That means we will limit our travels inside Luzon and concentrate more within Metro Manila and its outskirts.

Being “broke” is temporary while being “poor” is permanent.

I am “broke”. Well as far as my travel fund is concerned, I am “broke”. I have to save a little more for travel this year and I have to put a hold on my Mindanao escapades until December 2013.

But because I love traveling, I can’t let a month pass not exploring places nearby.
Here are some of the places I’d like to see (not included in our official outings/tours with Team Injury).

Mapanuepe Lake – This lake is located in Zambales. According to Wikipedia, “Mapanuepe Lake is a freshwater lake located in the province of Zambales in the Philippines. The lake was created after the cataclysmic eruption of Mount Pinatubo in 1991. Lahars following the eruption blocked the drainage of Mapanuepe River, south of the volcano, flooding Mapanuepe Valley together with its settlements. Only the steeple of the church protruding out of the water remained on one of the villages.”

Taal Town – Taal is more than the famous Taal volcano. Actually there’s a town named Taal where past is the new future. Visitors will be transformed back to Spanish era because of the structures of the houses and the very big Basilica de San Martin de Tours which is considered to be the largest church in the Philippines and in Asia, standing 96 metres (315 ft) long and 45 metres (148 ft) wide.(wikipedia)

 Las Piñas for their Bamboo Organ – Very near yet so far (and always not included in my tours) is the very renowned Bamboo Organ in Las Piñas. I should include this now since a trip will only cost me less than 500Php.

Mind Museum – The first Mind Museum in the country is just a stone-throw away from Paul’s office but since we were busy going to other places I forgot to tell him I want to go there too. The entrance fee is too pricey that I wish I can be a public school student once again. Nevertheless I want to spend an afternoon here.

Explore Antipolo (Crescent Moon Gallery) – I would like to try another pottery lesson and be able to bring my finished product back home. Since Antipolo is just near our place, I am always reminded that I should go there the soonest. I should also write about their church since it’s one of the most visited churches during holy week.

Staycation in Punta de Fabian (ok just visit it then) – This is I think near our place and I can’t wait to see and experience it this year. I will (and I must) make money for this since this will be nice place to spend a day with a hot chocolate and a book.

Binondo Photowalk – Explore China town and eat delicacies from the place. They say Chinese are weird when it comes to food but let me check if the dishes suit my taste buds. And since it’s a photowalk, I might invite some friends over to shoot. (I don’t care whether you have an expensive DSLR or a tiny digicam. Just shoot.^_^)

Well I guess that’s all I can think of. Maybe 4 out of 7 will give me a good score this year. And I hope I’ll have some friends who can accompany me during these cute tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment