Sunday, December 23, 2012

Wonderful Camiguin


I felt sad when my avatar was stolen in Agora terminal on our way to Camiguin. I’ll miss him. I hope he is fine.

A week after Team Injury’s adventure in Cagayan Valley up north, Paul and I said “Hi and Hello” to Cagayan de Oro down south. If I keep on doing this my travel fund will surely be depleted in a month. (Ho Ho Ho!)

Cagayan de Oro was our gateway to our almost 1 week Mindanao adventure. Our first stop was the wonderful island of Camiguin!

Camiguin can be reached via a 3-hour bus ride from Cagayan de Oro to Balingoan and an hour and a half ferry boat ride from Balingoan Port to Benoni Port. I was impressed by how clean the waters of Camiguin were even in the docking area. More so when we toured the island.

We only had a day and a half to tour the island so we hired a tour guide who had a motorcycle and paid 600 bucks. Call that street smart! :D

Katibawasan Falls
Cool water but not for me. T’was so cold for my feet.



Giant Clams
Biggest clams in the Philippines. More than a meter in diameter. Unfortunately I didn’t have an underwater cam.



Ardent Spring
I can stay here forever! The water was so relaxing especially after a tiring day tour.



White Island
Best place to spend early morning coffee while savoring the crisp greenery of the main island 10 minutes away.



Sunken Cemetery
Went here just to take pictures.


Government Farm
Biggest pig I’ve seen. 


And oh the ostritch!



Church Ruins
If the church was not destroyed by the volcanic eruption, I think it will be a greater manifestation of the deep religiousness of the people of Camiguin.



Fish Pen
Great place to eat lunch!




Recommendations:
1. If you are a budget traveler like us, stay at GV hotel. Got it at 50% discount and paid 333Php per room for a night.
2. Hire a tour guide especially if you are many.
3. Be on time. The ferry may leave earlier than expected.
4. Camiguin is famous for Pastel. Have a bite!
5. Never go to Camiguin without an underwater camera. And I’ll say it again! Never go to Camiguin without an underwater camera.
6. Enjoy the long ride. It’s worth the wait. ^_^





No comments:

Post a Comment