Sunday, October 27, 2013

Back on the Road (Taytay to Morong)

It all started when I invited some friends for a Sunday ride near our place. I sent the invite only days before and few responded. No matter how busy my office schedule is, I still would like to spend my weekend doing the things that would make me more productive.

We started the day with "lugaw and egg" (rice porridge and egg) in a restaurant called Scrapyard. I dunno how it got its name so please spare me the questions. =))

After our breakfast we proceeded to our target destination. It was not over 5 minutes when we faced the "wall." It was a grueling 30-45 minutes of my life. My heart was pounding so fast. I was struggling with my breaths and boy we were not even halfway. I ended up pushing my bike. Ha ha.

Mayk checked on the road ahead and told us it will be a very tough one. So we decided to abort and proceeded to Tanay to see Daraitan Falls.

Photo taken at the stop over before we decided to abort

Our way to Tanay was not hard but it was not easy either. It was a series of ups and downs. We have to pass by several towns including Binangonan, Cardona, Morong and Baras. In one of our stops in Cardona, Mayk and Jay asked us if we still want to push. I think we were all tired and hungry so we agreed to visit the Morong church and go back to Taytay from there.

Morong Church
The road home was better because we only had to deal with 2 uphills. And it took us only 1 hour to reach Angono from Morong. Thank God for the nice weather. =)

Thanks to Mayk and Jay for accompanying us. =)
Credits to Kat for accepting the challenge. =)

Till next time. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment